Friday, January 25, 2013

House Updates

I've been working on random projects around the house, if you follow me on Instagram you've been seeing the progress. Here are some photos.


I took out the glass in the 12x12 frames and cut cork boards to fit, now we have an ever-changing art display in the dining room. 


As the the design of our apartment has started heading in a more shabby-chic direction I decided to shop the Jo-Ann fabrics sale and reuphoster the dining chairs with burlap (since we have no small children and don't wear short shorts the rough fabric is not an issue for us). 


I've been lusting after Simply Ciani's mason jar crate for quite some time and we needed something to wrangle our remotes, I followed her Tutorial and I must say, it worked like a charm! I'm so happy with it. 


Since I wrote the painting tutorial, I have tweaked the wall organizer by painting it with chalkboard paint (I drew the design with a pencil and used an artist's brush to paint the design on). 




2 comments:

  1. wondering where you got the chevron tablecloth? love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually ordered the fabric through Fabric.com and my mom was kind enough to sew it into a table cloth for us. My sewing skills leave a lot to be desired.

      Delete